18 August 2014
The Foundation for Research and Technology (FORTH) invites talented and motivated candidates with appropriate expertise to express their interest in the positions available in the project “Developing the foundations for modeling and analysis of spectrum markets” (CoRLAB), funded by a Research Excellence grant (GSRT/ΑΡΙΣΤΕΙΑ).
2 Positions of Postdoctoral Researcher
The work focuses on the analysis and assessment of wireless network markets and services. Topics include modeling the quality of experience of telecom services, analysis of incentives for adopting certain services/technologies, evaluation of partnerships between service providers and/or users, analysis of resource sharing mechanisms, assessment of the knowledge of quality of experience of a service on a market.
- B.Sc/B.S in Computer Science or in a related field
- Ph.D. in Computer Science or in a related field
- Completed military service (for male candidates)
- In-depth understanding of wireless networks and communications (e.g., in the design and analysis of network systems)
- Experience with EU projects (e.g., participation and proposal writing)
- Knowledge of network economics
- Good knowledge of programming
The successful postdoctoral candidate(s) will be offered a contract for one year.
Interested parties are invited to submit their application by August 31st, 2014.
Their application should include the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Copy of their academic diplomas/certificates
- Letters of recommendation
- Certificates of work experience
The application should be sent via email to Ms. Chrysoula Iliaki (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For more information about the position and the application, please email to email@example.com
More information about the technical aspects of CoRLAB can be found at:
16 December 2013
Call for Postdoctoral Researcher in Network Security
The network security group lead by Adrian Perrig at ETH in Zurich is
seeking to fill a postdoctoral researcher position in the general area
of network security to work on the SCION next-generation Internet
architecture. The candidate will collaborate with a group of 10
committed researchers on the design, analysis, implementation, and
evaluation of a next-generation Internet system. The starting date is
negotiable (but the sooner the better) and the position is for 1-3
More information about the SCION next-generation Internet architecture:
More information about the network security group:
Aim and Scope
In the SCION project we are designing and building a prototype for a
highly available and secure next-generation Internet architecture. We
are researching a multitude of issues, including: DDoS defense, trust
establishment, censorship resilience, user privacy and anonymous
communication, economic aspects, reliability, high performance and
scalable networking systems, etc. The goal of the project is to
design, build, and deploy a highly available and viable
next-generation Internet architecture.
The ideal candidate should have an PhD in CS, EE, or related
discipline, and combine a solid theoretical background with strong
systems building skills.
The following skills are advantageous:
- Security, applied cryptography, and networking.
- Strong publication track record in security or applied cryptography.
- Interests in systems design, analysis, simulation, implementation,
- Knowledge of economic aspects of networking.
- Familiarity with ISP operations.
- Experience with real-world deployments.
- Formal protocol analysis.
- Design and analysis of security protocols.
- Experience with low-level programming and debugging.
Application and Inquiries
Interested candidates should send their CV to Adrian Perrig
<firstname.lastname@example.org>. Questions about the position may be
sent to the same address.
The position is at ETH in Zurich, Switzerland. Knowledge of German is
not required as Zurich is an international city. CS courses at ETH are
taught in English, and English is spoken almost exclusively throughout
the department, as well as in meetings, talks, etc. Although Zurich is
a highly desirable place to live in, the generous remuneration more
than adequately compensates for the high cost of living.