Call for Papers
The BADGERS workshop seeks papers in areas related to Big Data for security, including the following:
- Scalable data collection from networks, hosts, or applications
- Real-time gathering and aggregation of diverse sets of raw data
- Summarization of raw data with respect to security goals
- Attack-resilient data collection
- Characterization of dataset external validity
- Scalability of security analysis with data volume
- Scalability of security analysis with concurrent-attack volume
- Combined historical and real-time security analysis
- Evaluation of result accuracy for large datasets
- Design of realistic large-scale testbeds
- Real-time, incremental anonymization for data sharing
- Successful, failed, and novel models of data sharing
- Sharing of analysis results and supporting data
- Internet-scale sharing of security knowledge
- Legal issues around data collection and sharing
We especially encourage novel and controversial ideas that are not on the above list. Our goal is to create through BADGERS a venue for fruitful discussion about Big Data for security.
Conference proceedings are planned to be published by Conference Publishing Services (CPS). Please use the CPS Conference Templates to prepare your submission.
Submitted papers should be up to 12 pages excluding bibliography and well-marked appendices, and should not exceed 16 pages including bibliography and appendices. Submissions need not be anonymized. MS Word users should use the A4 sized template. Submissions will be handled by EasyChair.
- Submission due: September 22, 2015 23:59:59 UTC-12:00 (EXTENDED)
- Acceptance notification: October 15, 2015
- Workshop date: November 5, 2015
- Camera-ready due: November 26, 2015